Skip to main content

Do Women Fear Solitude!?

Google Image
Google Image

 
The very word "Solitude" - means "the state or situation of being alone" and the word "Fear" - means "an unpleasant emotion caused by the threat of danger, pain, or harm".

We are in an era where many of us like being independent and spending time alone for building our confidence, working on our unique skills, gearing up for living in a hostel, for a break/holiday, moving to a new city or country, going through a break-up or divorce so on and so forth...

In this post it is about the very of "fear of being in solitude" more over "women being in solitude and fearing it".

If you Google "Women Solitude" and click on images you find loads and loads of images which portray women being free (which looks like a freedom from a bad thing, mostly) depressed, sad, lost, hurt, confused, heart-broken and so on.

I tried another Google search "Women Solitude Enjoying" - (pardon my typical "girly google searches") Some of the images reflected women enjoying their state/situation of being alone - Sipping coffee, enjoying a bath, relaxing, connecting with nature, traveling, napping, exercising, reading, praying and so on.

I do not want to come to an inference that my post is entirely based on "search engine" entries, but how typical life and the world has become in general?!

But real question is, Do women fear solitude, the thought, the state or the very state of being in solitude?

Do women enjoy it or dread it?

My general observation is most women are okay or look forward to be in solitude but somehow do not totally enjoy it or if women are put in solitude against their choice, they completely dread it!!!

Most of us feel insecure when we are in complete solitude by choice or otherwise,

Because of the fear of suddenly being so independent that we have to make our own choices, we have to be responsible for our own safety, we have to make decisions which we probably never gave a thought to earlier, we need to believe in our gut instinct over a friendly suggestion of a partner/parent/friend...

Because of the guilt of enjoying a cup of tea when they are home chores staring at your face, of spending the extra 20 mins in the bath when you can play with your kids or snuggle with your husband or chat up with a friend/parent/colleague, of disconnecting a call when a friend needs your precious advice...

Because of not being able to fit in because you decide to travel for a work conference abroad over spending a week with your kids, because you prefer chilling in your pjs at home rather than attending the family party of the year, because you are not married yet, because you are not a mother yet, because you have chosen your husband is your only baby and you do not want kids, because you have decided that your career is your husband for life, because you know - you know the answer to why?... 

Quotes:

"Women need real moments of solitude and self-reflection to balance out how much of  ourselves we give away" - Barbara de Angelis

"Solitude matters, and for some people, its the air they breathe". - Susan Cain 

 The above quotes somehow reflect the beauty and the positivity of "Being in solitude".
So ladies, it is not a bad thing after all, I can only say it is a chance, a choice and a change which we must embrace to bring out the best in us and enjoy it. 

Disclaimer: This post is not to propagate that women should shun themselves from the outside world/family and friends and just be alone in order to bring the best out of them, on the contrary, it is to enjoy the times when we choose to be alone or have to be alone without getting all depressed about it. 

After all, you only live once! YOLO


                                                 xoxoxoxoxo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bioderma Node DS+ Shampooing Review

Bioderma! A brand every skin/hair care fancying woman greedily hoards. Well in my case I needed to pick this "heaven sent" product to heed to my never-ending, every stalking dandruff problem. I have been facing persistent dandruff right since I was a kid, but with time and changing products the flaky snow on my head just got worse. I had been using The Body Shop - Ginger Anti Dandruff shampoo, as mentioned in my earlier post here , I never swore by it that it did any good or bad to my dandruff situation, but I still continue using it every once a while and avoid using it on my scalp off-late. I was recommended this shampoo by my dermatologist as  I recently had some problem with an allergy on my lip (about that I will cover in another post - coming soon!) which was triggered by dandruff *sighs*. Ok back to Bioderma Node DS+ shampoo Claims of this product: - Reduces rapid increase of Malassezia yeast which triggers dandruff - Prevents recurrence of da

VLCC Pista Massage Cream Review

For good number of years, I have been using the facial kits by VLCC, it is a good last minute self-facial treat and does the job of putting up a sublime glow to your face without spending an hour or two at the salon. I thought to give this product   a try , as I was looking for a massage cream, which I can include in my weekend pamper sessions. I did not want a high-end brand or an expensive product because sometimes I just like a simple scrub, face wash, face pack combination of pamper sesh' for my face and thats it! About the packaging and price It is a 50g massage cream which retails for Rs. 260/-. It is not a new product by VLCC and has been in the market for a while. It comes in a plastic jar and is well sealed. In terms of packaging it is nothing fancy and it has a plastic covering with all the details of the ingredients, price, expiry date and method of usage.  About the product and usage The cream is green in color and has a slightly off

A Marks & Spencer Beauty: Mini Perfume Haul

I am all into miniatures these days and when I saw these beauties, I had to dig in. I have never been a perfume purchase person, as mostly they were gifted to me. I love a real good mist and was quite committed to Bath & Body Works and The Body Shop ones for a long time now so I decided lets switch that up and that is when I found these lil' devils and whats better than carrying these dinky yet amazing perfumes around for a spritz! There was an ample collection in all different sizes and notes, I am sure there is something for everyone. I was looking for an everyday type of a scent, so I picked up a day scent, an evening scent and a floral scent.  Since they are so dinky and sturdy you can easily carry them in your smallest purses throughout the day. 1)  Marks & Spencer Beauty:  Lavender Eau De Toilette - This scent is from their floral collection, I never owned an ONLY lavender scent before, I sniffed it I loved it, it is a typical lavender subtle scent, yet it makes