Skip to main content

5 Things I Did Differently Last Month (and you should do it too!)

Well, more than a month without a post, am I a shitty blogger already!? :P

Well to all that I did differently, more than a month ago now.




Started a social media challenge 
Obviously the most hyped one was on top of my list which is the #100daysofhappy challenge - As I write this post I am on day 34 and I am doing okay! I accidentally came across this challenge on Instagram and my impulsive nature made me to do it - ofcourse ;) Since I am still in the early days of this challenge I won't brag that "Oh, that changed my life and blah blah" but it has certainly made me more observant of the little things that actually make me happy on a daily basis. These things were always there but as ignorant as we humans are, we often need to make a conscious effort to notice them and say, "Oh! that actually is so nice and makes me happy." 

Met friends from school and college
As I grew older, I was more than worried than I will never be able to relive my childhood, little did I know - Meet your friends from the younger days and BHAM! you are 12 again...
It is always difficult to plan and decide a date, respecting everyones schedules, but a little effort and smart planning can give you hours and hours of time to be a li'l one again. I had some good time meeting my friends and realising they have not changed and are as silly as me :P Sometimes all, one has to do is pick a date, pick a restaurant or a fun place and just show up - this guarantees the best time of your life - couple of fab hours with your friends and and hello its 1999 again!

Spent some time alone and consciously
By now, you would happen to think that I am on some discover "the inner me" programme :D, actually not so much. I do not propagate being alone or lonely... but sometimes having a regular alone-time with yourself can be quite a boon. You tend to discover that you are a wonderful company to yourself. You can be perfectly sane and comfortable and enjoy it. Its a myth that you need people or technology or a book to just make you feel, you are not a complete lunatic, just being with yourself. It helps you notice your breathing, your thought-pattern, you become more aware of your choices and mostly make better ones, you hardly have to impress anyone but yourself. And the great part of doing this, you are much awesome of a company than when you are with people, now that you have given yourself a li'l break.


Did some research
Now this one is vague, I always find my self digging for more info; but this time around Easter I was very much intrigued on the concept of reincarnation and rebirth in general. A topic that would always fascinate me, but I never really took the time to investigate. I started looking up articles by Dr. Brian Weiss and other experts like him. Turns out, I was not so much looking for data on this concept alone but in general about a lot of other minor topics - with all the available resources like books, thesis, videos, documentaries etc there is so much for one to discover and learn. It all did fascinate me even more that now it is a regular habit each day to read or watch something which is not usual for me - recently it was the Lions Videos by the zookeper Kevin Richardson - just wow!


Hit the snooze button
Okay! This may be easy for a large majority of you, but I am a poor sleeper and even on a day off - I cannot lay in and sleep like there is no tomorrow. I could not really sleep-sleep but I did manage to take the liberty to lie in bed for extra time than usual, this really made my mornings calmer. Well, the whole agenda was not to sleep like a sloth but to just slow down and relax.










 






 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bioderma Node DS+ Shampooing Review

Bioderma! A brand every skin/hair care fancying woman greedily hoards. Well in my case I needed to pick this "heaven sent" product to heed to my never-ending, every stalking dandruff problem. I have been facing persistent dandruff right since I was a kid, but with time and changing products the flaky snow on my head just got worse. I had been using The Body Shop - Ginger Anti Dandruff shampoo, as mentioned in my earlier post here , I never swore by it that it did any good or bad to my dandruff situation, but I still continue using it every once a while and avoid using it on my scalp off-late. I was recommended this shampoo by my dermatologist as  I recently had some problem with an allergy on my lip (about that I will cover in another post - coming soon!) which was triggered by dandruff *sighs*. Ok back to Bioderma Node DS+ shampoo Claims of this product: - Reduces rapid increase of Malassezia yeast which triggers dandruff - Prevents recurrence of da

VLCC Pista Massage Cream Review

For good number of years, I have been using the facial kits by VLCC, it is a good last minute self-facial treat and does the job of putting up a sublime glow to your face without spending an hour or two at the salon. I thought to give this product   a try , as I was looking for a massage cream, which I can include in my weekend pamper sessions. I did not want a high-end brand or an expensive product because sometimes I just like a simple scrub, face wash, face pack combination of pamper sesh' for my face and thats it! About the packaging and price It is a 50g massage cream which retails for Rs. 260/-. It is not a new product by VLCC and has been in the market for a while. It comes in a plastic jar and is well sealed. In terms of packaging it is nothing fancy and it has a plastic covering with all the details of the ingredients, price, expiry date and method of usage.  About the product and usage The cream is green in color and has a slightly off

A Marks & Spencer Beauty: Mini Perfume Haul

I am all into miniatures these days and when I saw these beauties, I had to dig in. I have never been a perfume purchase person, as mostly they were gifted to me. I love a real good mist and was quite committed to Bath & Body Works and The Body Shop ones for a long time now so I decided lets switch that up and that is when I found these lil' devils and whats better than carrying these dinky yet amazing perfumes around for a spritz! There was an ample collection in all different sizes and notes, I am sure there is something for everyone. I was looking for an everyday type of a scent, so I picked up a day scent, an evening scent and a floral scent.  Since they are so dinky and sturdy you can easily carry them in your smallest purses throughout the day. 1)  Marks & Spencer Beauty:  Lavender Eau De Toilette - This scent is from their floral collection, I never owned an ONLY lavender scent before, I sniffed it I loved it, it is a typical lavender subtle scent, yet it makes