Skip to main content

The Body Shop Empties!

Left: Ginger Anti Dandruff Shampoo, Middle top: Vitamin E Boost Sorbet, Middle bottom: Aloe soothing day cream, Extreme top: Vitamin E moisture serum, Right: Satsuma puree body lotion

Today I will be posting about some of my faves from The Body Shop (TBS) and how I have used them to death because of my love for them. :)

Sandra thinks: "I am not someone who can finish what I have started, be it reading a book, finishing my food, using my products, finishing an article... Ok come on Sandra, you have changed now"

Somehow, I am not longer the Libra, who keeps switching scales, OK I AM! But I switch more wisely now. :P

That being said, I have some empties, which is rare for me. I usually get bored using the same stuff again and again. TBS has always surprised me, as I tend to stick to their products by habit till the end - and one does that because of the quality and beauty of the product.

Ok now to the products in order of my love for them...

1) The Body Shop Vitamin E Aqua Boost Sorbet

I got this one as I wanted a moisturiser, but I did not want it in a cream format. I enjoyed its almost gel like consistency with micro-granules. It is very light-weight and provides ample of moisturising which most of the cream based moisturisers fail. I find it suitable for Indian weather - especially summer times. Though it is not categorized as a day or night product, I mostly used it at night after a good skin care regime and it instantly made my skin feel soft and supple and ready for bed. This beauty pot lasted me a good 6-8 months with regular usage as you require only a tiny bit.

2) The Body Shop Ginger Anti Dandruff Shampoo

With changing seasons, my scalp turns to be one spoilt brat, who will react to almost anything that is put on it. I have been religiously using this shampoo for the last 2 years and all I can say is WOW! This is my second empty bottle and I know it is going to be my one definite purchase from TBS. It is a light water-consistency type of shampoo with an obvious and strong presence of ginger scent. I am not 100% confident if it has done anything to my dandruff situation - I believe not, though it is an anti dandruff shampoo. There have been times I have used this shampoo alone without toping it without any conditioner and it has not resulted it any kind of frizz. This gingery-goodness lasted me for a year and two months on regular usage.

3) The Body Shop Vitamin E Moisture Serum 

Through the winter months I wanted something more moisturising and I went looking for an oil-based serum, I tried it on but it just didn't feel right. So I set my eyes on this beauty - It is a serum, it is not an oil and it is light-weight yet very moisturising. It is a very heavy moisturising cream based serum but not greasy by any means. When you apply it your face almost feels wet but not in a bad way and dries up in a moisturising feel in a couple of seconds. I tend to use it mostly during nights, I feel with Indian weather the serum consistency does not agree during the day time. I still have a teeny-tiny bit remaining as a little goes a long way. 

4) The Body Shop Aloe Soothing Day Cream

This is one of the oldest TBS product in my beauty stash. I bought this as a day moisturiser when I wanted something light and effective. It has the goodness of aloe which is fabulous when you want some treatment for your facial skin in a natural way. The only downside of this product is the scent of it - I did not like it one bit. However, because of the effectiveness of the product I was ok to ignore the scent. :) This tiny pot lasted me a good 6 months, I mostly used it as a day cream under my make up when my skin was not at its best.

5) The Body Shop Satsuma Puree Body Lotion

The scent, the scent, the scent - I did not need any body lotion but it was during that time when I was a die-hard crazy fan of their Satsuma scents. The formula of the lotion is good, but not great. It is moisturising and very well scented but I found the formula bit sticky on application - it does dry down but not to a comfortable moisturising feel but to a sticky feel. I mostly used this lotion on my hands like a hand-cream. I used this product for about 6 months and then I stopped using it completely because of the stickiness - also you will notice I have not completely used up the lotion but now it has been lying around and I consider it one of the empties to be thrown out.

Disclaimer: All products are bought by me with my own money and my opinions are based totally on my experience with these goodies.


xoxoxo



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

M.A.C Lipstick Review - M.A.C Matte Lipstick - Shade Diva

My M.A.C Lipstick in Diva When it comes to M.A.C lipsticks I can go on and on, a true lipstick lover will know that M.A.C lipstick is the queen of lipsticks because of its wide range of formulas and shades. Whenever I buy an high-end lipstick, for me the shade matters the most, I do not like buying bold shade for fear I won't use it much and it won't justify the price. I wanted a red tone matte lipstick from M.A.C but at the same time I did not want a bold red or orange red tone lipstick as it would not flatter my skin tone. I almost left the counter thinking red is out of question, matte red is totally out of question and then I happen to swatch M.A.C Diva - I always looked at M.A.C Diva as more of an autumn-wintery shade and that it would look more festive and wine shadey kinda color. My First Impression: My mind: "Oh my my, it can be red, ok get your view right - its more blue-based red on you, not redddd...marooooon, maroon is a nice shade!"  My...

Bioderma Node DS+ Shampooing Review

Bioderma! A brand every skin/hair care fancying woman greedily hoards. Well in my case I needed to pick this "heaven sent" product to heed to my never-ending, every stalking dandruff problem. I have been facing persistent dandruff right since I was a kid, but with time and changing products the flaky snow on my head just got worse. I had been using The Body Shop - Ginger Anti Dandruff shampoo, as mentioned in my earlier post here , I never swore by it that it did any good or bad to my dandruff situation, but I still continue using it every once a while and avoid using it on my scalp off-late. I was recommended this shampoo by my dermatologist as  I recently had some problem with an allergy on my lip (about that I will cover in another post - coming soon!) which was triggered by dandruff *sighs*. Ok back to Bioderma Node DS+ shampoo Claims of this product: - Reduces rapid increase of Malassezia yeast which triggers dandruff - Prevents recurre...

Minicoy Island - An Excursion!

During the summer months, beaches are one place that attracts most visitors and if it is an Island like Minicoy, nothing like it! Here are some pictures from my last trip to Lakshadweep Islands - Minicoy Island in March 2016. View at Minicoy Island beach                                                                 By the beach - Minicoy Island We visited three islands on this beautiful trip which were Kavaratti, Kalpeni and Minicoy and Minicoy Island was one of the most scenic islands. It has these beautiful pristine beaches, covered widely with white sand and beautiful corals. The island is a perfect tourist destination satisfying your desire to experience t...