Skip to main content

Five Highlights Of 2017!

Like really? where did 2017 go??? Well, this happens every year, one moment you are at the countdown of 3 2 1 ---- Happy New Year!!! and post couple of blinks you are at the seasons of sweaters and countdown to New Year again!!!





 Now to the 2017 Highlights!!!


  • This was the year I started the Social Media Challenge #100daysofhappiness on      Instagram - life and perspective changing. It was an impulsive decision to get started but I was glad it was one thing I actually held onto and completed it. It helped me view from a different angle of life, to notice the smaller and simpler things that happens in life. It kept me mindful of the things happening around me which I reckon as so important given the fast paced lives we all live in.
  • Totally digging on a life changing hack - "Law of Attraction"  - Well, one doesn't become a pro on such things over-night as it is a law and it requires a lot of accepting and practicing to really say that I am following something, I could still proudly announce, I totally buy it - when I got to know of this law, one thing I was certain is that I have been using this law all my life only I was attracting the things I did not want, so the whole point now is to do it for the things I want and love. This mindset is going to be one the biggest experimentation for 2018.
  •  My husband and I tried being the cool couple and did one of the stay-cation thingies for our anniversary, whenever we have planned some time off it has always been planning to go somewhere far away from where we live - that was meant to be an ideal thing to do, this time we did a lil' experiment and tried to book a fancy hotel room for 3 days and decided to spend some time in our own city, in a familiar place - the perks of it - one moment you are home and in the next 30 minutes you are on vacation, you know of all the amazing eat-out places and if things were to go wrong you always have Plan B, you get to experience your place as a tourist and the best thing of it all like any other holiday it rejuvenates you for less the cost and less the planning effort.
Renaissance Hotel



View from our room


  • Experienced some unique eats - well this requires no explanation - I am a foodie and I love trying some new ways of eating and unique treat every now and then. This year was no exception, I did try Prawn Tempura Sushi and Crab Rice Sushi, Baos, Steamed Mantaos, Ramen Bowls, Pan Seared Garlic Scallops, Saute Edamame, Chicken Yakitori, Beef Carpaccio, Eggs Benedict, Vietnamese Spring Rolls, Shepherds' Pie - I have to insert a collage of some of the dishes!

  • Goa 2017 Trip - It was one of the most planned trips - where the planning began in 2015 and we friends ultimately ended up going in 2017. I went on a trip with friends after a very very long time and it was fresh and rejuvenating - the trip included frequent spa sessions, amazing eats, chilling time at the beach and not to forget a time to unwind and relax mentally - away from work and routine.
At Calangute
From the skies

At Baga Beach
Spa Sessions



xoxo Happy 2018 xoxo
💕

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

M.A.C Lipstick Review - M.A.C Matte Lipstick - Shade Diva

My M.A.C Lipstick in Diva When it comes to M.A.C lipsticks I can go on and on, a true lipstick lover will know that M.A.C lipstick is the queen of lipsticks because of its wide range of formulas and shades. Whenever I buy an high-end lipstick, for me the shade matters the most, I do not like buying bold shade for fear I won't use it much and it won't justify the price. I wanted a red tone matte lipstick from M.A.C but at the same time I did not want a bold red or orange red tone lipstick as it would not flatter my skin tone. I almost left the counter thinking red is out of question, matte red is totally out of question and then I happen to swatch M.A.C Diva - I always looked at M.A.C Diva as more of an autumn-wintery shade and that it would look more festive and wine shadey kinda color. My First Impression: My mind: "Oh my my, it can be red, ok get your view right - its more blue-based red on you, not redddd...marooooon, maroon is a nice shade!"  My...

Bioderma Node DS+ Shampooing Review

Bioderma! A brand every skin/hair care fancying woman greedily hoards. Well in my case I needed to pick this "heaven sent" product to heed to my never-ending, every stalking dandruff problem. I have been facing persistent dandruff right since I was a kid, but with time and changing products the flaky snow on my head just got worse. I had been using The Body Shop - Ginger Anti Dandruff shampoo, as mentioned in my earlier post here , I never swore by it that it did any good or bad to my dandruff situation, but I still continue using it every once a while and avoid using it on my scalp off-late. I was recommended this shampoo by my dermatologist as  I recently had some problem with an allergy on my lip (about that I will cover in another post - coming soon!) which was triggered by dandruff *sighs*. Ok back to Bioderma Node DS+ shampoo Claims of this product: - Reduces rapid increase of Malassezia yeast which triggers dandruff - Prevents recurre...

Minicoy Island - An Excursion!

During the summer months, beaches are one place that attracts most visitors and if it is an Island like Minicoy, nothing like it! Here are some pictures from my last trip to Lakshadweep Islands - Minicoy Island in March 2016. View at Minicoy Island beach                                                                 By the beach - Minicoy Island We visited three islands on this beautiful trip which were Kavaratti, Kalpeni and Minicoy and Minicoy Island was one of the most scenic islands. It has these beautiful pristine beaches, covered widely with white sand and beautiful corals. The island is a perfect tourist destination satisfying your desire to experience t...