Skip to main content
May 2015 Faves...

 ©www.m4makeupw4women.blogspot.in/
(l-r ~ Maybelline Gel Eyeliner, Miss Claire Eye Pencil in Denim shade, Lotus Herbals Colorkick Kajal, Maybelline Colorsentational Lip gloss - Mirrored Mauve, Maybelline Colorshow Lipstick - Violet Vibe 408, Nyx Black Label Lipstick - BLL 114, Eskinol Cleanser - Avocado, Perfume DKNY - Bedelicious Candy Apple Scent, Bathandbodyworks - Coconut Water Chill, WetnWild Eyeshadow Pallete - Walking On Eggshells, Lotus Whiteglow FaceMasque and Alpha H Microcleanse. )

Finally May... Ends...phew!

I did not shop any make-up products in the month of May 2015 as it was so hot and humid in Mumbai. I just did not want to try out any new products or experiment anything with my skin unless it was something I trust.

I kept going back to these products most of the time and therefore picked them up as my faves for this month. 

  • Lotus Herbals Colorkick Kajal
I got this randomly and I did not even want one (already owning fresh piece of Maybelline Colossal Kajal and  L'oreal Paris Kajal Magique); however, I was attracted to the packaging and recommended by a friend saying "its super black", that was enough for me to shell INR 199 and buy it. Luckily for me I have been loving it and using it all through because it is super soft and highly pigmented. It did not crease and last for good 6-7 hours without smudging. You require some kind of a makeup remover to take it off completely.
  • Maybelline Colorshow Lipstick and Colorsentational Lipgloss & Nyx Black Label Lipstick
Both the lipsticks were purchased in 2014 and there is nothing fancy about them except that they are super creamy and light-weight at the same time. The Maybelline Colorshow Lipstick in the shade Violet Vibe 408 - the only purple lip color which I am OK with and Nyx Black Label Lipstick in the shade BLL 114 - Diva - my all time nude lippie fave ~ its just the perfect blue-based nude for me. I am not a lip gloss fan especially when the weather is all sticky and humid but it was perfect for those summer evenings and night outs and I would always grab my hands on the Maybelline colorsentational lip gloss Mirrored Mauve - its the perfect nude lip gloss! Highly recommend it :)

  • Eskinol Avocado Cleanser
My all time favorite cleanser, it just takes off all the extra gunk from my face whenever I use it. I know my face is clean and clear when I use this, especially perfect for summer months. (Do not recommend it for sensitive skin)

  • DKNY - Be Delicious Candy Apple Scent and Bath and Body Works - Coconut Water Chill
Summer is not the time for perfumes, more for splash and mists to keep you smelling great; however, this perfume was just one scent I could wear and not feel weighed down. I have used it everytime for my summer evening outings and it would always linger when it was breezy and I loved it. It has the perfect scent of green apple but the freshness of a quick shower as well - thats best how I can describe this scent. If I was not picking up by DKNY perfume, I would intuitively grab my hands on BBW - Coconut Water Chill - it is a perfect summer fragrance even for day time and is long lasting.
  • Maybelline Gel Eyeliner in Black, Miss Claire Eye Pencil - Denim Blue and WetnWild - Walking on Eggshells Palette 
The trio was the most used in month of May because of its ability to just co-operate with the humidity levels of Mumbai. None of these creased on me or made me feel weighed down. Pretty much everyone has experienced using these...

  • Lotus Whiteglow Face Masque and Alpha H Microcleanse
I used the face masque about 4-5 times in the month of May as it helped in clearing my face, giving it a glow - it has yogurt which felt cool on my skin and I have been using this face mask from past 3-4 years. Alpha H Microcleanse it something new and I own a sample size of it which i received with my Luxola.com haul. I have used it only 2 times but it has this nice spa like fragrance to it and does relax me out after using it; however, I did not see it work wonders from a skin product point of view. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bioderma Node DS+ Shampooing Review

Bioderma! A brand every skin/hair care fancying woman greedily hoards. Well in my case I needed to pick this "heaven sent" product to heed to my never-ending, every stalking dandruff problem. I have been facing persistent dandruff right since I was a kid, but with time and changing products the flaky snow on my head just got worse. I had been using The Body Shop - Ginger Anti Dandruff shampoo, as mentioned in my earlier post here , I never swore by it that it did any good or bad to my dandruff situation, but I still continue using it every once a while and avoid using it on my scalp off-late. I was recommended this shampoo by my dermatologist as  I recently had some problem with an allergy on my lip (about that I will cover in another post - coming soon!) which was triggered by dandruff *sighs*. Ok back to Bioderma Node DS+ shampoo Claims of this product: - Reduces rapid increase of Malassezia yeast which triggers dandruff - Prevents recurre...

M.A.C Lipstick Review - M.A.C Matte Lipstick - Shade Diva

My M.A.C Lipstick in Diva When it comes to M.A.C lipsticks I can go on and on, a true lipstick lover will know that M.A.C lipstick is the queen of lipsticks because of its wide range of formulas and shades. Whenever I buy an high-end lipstick, for me the shade matters the most, I do not like buying bold shade for fear I won't use it much and it won't justify the price. I wanted a red tone matte lipstick from M.A.C but at the same time I did not want a bold red or orange red tone lipstick as it would not flatter my skin tone. I almost left the counter thinking red is out of question, matte red is totally out of question and then I happen to swatch M.A.C Diva - I always looked at M.A.C Diva as more of an autumn-wintery shade and that it would look more festive and wine shadey kinda color. My First Impression: My mind: "Oh my my, it can be red, ok get your view right - its more blue-based red on you, not redddd...marooooon, maroon is a nice shade!"  My...

Minicoy Island - An Excursion!

During the summer months, beaches are one place that attracts most visitors and if it is an Island like Minicoy, nothing like it! Here are some pictures from my last trip to Lakshadweep Islands - Minicoy Island in March 2016. View at Minicoy Island beach                                                                 By the beach - Minicoy Island We visited three islands on this beautiful trip which were Kavaratti, Kalpeni and Minicoy and Minicoy Island was one of the most scenic islands. It has these beautiful pristine beaches, covered widely with white sand and beautiful corals. The island is a perfect tourist destination satisfying your desire to experience t...