Skip to main content

Pondicherry - 72 Hours of Blissfulness

So, yeah, its 2017! and nearly March, Where have I been?! 

First of, Happy New Year, Guys!!! ๐Ÿ’—

Today's post is all about the "Wow  of Pondicherry"

Google Image

What a place, I must say!

Travelling to Pondicherry was a sudden plan around Christmas time last year and truly a trip that touched my mind, body and soul. Some places are like that, you do not hear a lot of people talk about it but thats' exactly where the hidden gems lie.

My husband and I packed our suitcase and flew to Pondicherry hoping for a few days of calm and quiet right before the Christmas hustle bustle and yes thats what we beautifully experienced there.

We stayed at this hotel which by all means had great love for wide open spaces and greenery all around. The trip started with the first day relaxing at our hotel which gave us a great introduction of how serene the whole place would be, the crisp countryside kinda air, picturesque French goodness and the delectable Pondy cuisine. 


Our first stop on our day tour to the main city the Sri Aurobindo Ashram, the calm and quiet one feels here is indescribable. Everything from entering barefoot to the Ashram and the sharp scent of Lotus all around makes one wonder how simplicity can quiver ones' soul. Next we were at the Promenade Beach - 3 things here, the sea, the rocks and tall standing statue of Gandhi - you find visitors flocking to this place almost all day. With almost everything around from spirituality to natural beauty to must-visit restaurants, there also nestles a historical building - The French Embassy Pondicherry - this is one of the many yellow-white buildings - certainly an eye-catching piece of architecture. Food here is a fusion of French conception d'aliments and South Indian warmth.

Auroville was the next stop - The Matrimandir, It is not just a golden metallic sphere you get to witness here but getting there is quite interesting, walking amidst trees and plants which your normally do not see grow around you. The information center gives you ample data of what you are going to experience at this place, the anticipation created by the long walk to reach the Matrimandir is clever, given the joy one experiences once you see the dome like structure standing tall and shiny in the afternoon sun.

A lil' about the restaurants, we enjoyed the food specifically at two restaurants Villa Shanti - which was a perfect blend of South Indian food with a tadka of French presentation and your mind going "delicieux" and Le Dupleix which not only offered mouth watering food but the ambiance how they skilfully converted the mansion of the French Governor Dupleix to a Bistro.


Some of the pictures from the Trip


Google Image



























Thank you for stopping by... xoxo












Comments

Unknown said…
Well written blog... this will help me plan a visit to Pondicherry

Popular posts from this blog

M.A.C Lipstick Review - M.A.C Matte Lipstick - Shade Diva

My M.A.C Lipstick in Diva When it comes to M.A.C lipsticks I can go on and on, a true lipstick lover will know that M.A.C lipstick is the queen of lipsticks because of its wide range of formulas and shades. Whenever I buy an high-end lipstick, for me the shade matters the most, I do not like buying bold shade for fear I won't use it much and it won't justify the price. I wanted a red tone matte lipstick from M.A.C but at the same time I did not want a bold red or orange red tone lipstick as it would not flatter my skin tone. I almost left the counter thinking red is out of question, matte red is totally out of question and then I happen to swatch M.A.C Diva - I always looked at M.A.C Diva as more of an autumn-wintery shade and that it would look more festive and wine shadey kinda color. My First Impression: My mind: "Oh my my, it can be red, ok get your view right - its more blue-based red on you, not redddd...marooooon, maroon is a nice shade!"  My...

Bioderma Node DS+ Shampooing Review

Bioderma! A brand every skin/hair care fancying woman greedily hoards. Well in my case I needed to pick this "heaven sent" product to heed to my never-ending, every stalking dandruff problem. I have been facing persistent dandruff right since I was a kid, but with time and changing products the flaky snow on my head just got worse. I had been using The Body Shop - Ginger Anti Dandruff shampoo, as mentioned in my earlier post here , I never swore by it that it did any good or bad to my dandruff situation, but I still continue using it every once a while and avoid using it on my scalp off-late. I was recommended this shampoo by my dermatologist as  I recently had some problem with an allergy on my lip (about that I will cover in another post - coming soon!) which was triggered by dandruff *sighs*. Ok back to Bioderma Node DS+ shampoo Claims of this product: - Reduces rapid increase of Malassezia yeast which triggers dandruff - Prevents recurre...

Minicoy Island - An Excursion!

During the summer months, beaches are one place that attracts most visitors and if it is an Island like Minicoy, nothing like it! Here are some pictures from my last trip to Lakshadweep Islands - Minicoy Island in March 2016. View at Minicoy Island beach                                                                 By the beach - Minicoy Island We visited three islands on this beautiful trip which were Kavaratti, Kalpeni and Minicoy and Minicoy Island was one of the most scenic islands. It has these beautiful pristine beaches, covered widely with white sand and beautiful corals. The island is a perfect tourist destination satisfying your desire to experience t...