Skip to main content

Working On My Reading Game!

How is it even June so early?!

This year, my reading game has been so poor, I must admit that I have a huge pile of books that need some reading, which I did not, as I was busy binge-watching TV series and Youtube. 

I have read a couple of books this year so far, but mostly on my phone which sucks, I really do not enjoy reading books on an electronic device - but those books were something I did not want to own so...

Some of them were:



- The Bastard of Istanbul by Elif Shafak (I own this one)
- Orange is the new black by Piper Kerman (ditched it mid way - found the tv series better)
- The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo (some tips were fine)
- The 5 Love Languages by Gary Chapman (Easy read - read it in a day - good one)
- You Can Heal Your Life by Louise Hay (Obsessed! Easy read and quite inspirational)
- The Secret by Rhonda Byrne (Heard so much about this one - I had to read it - Again inspirational)
- The Magic by Rhonda Byrne (Similar to The Secret)


Currently Reading - Mossad by Michael Bar-Zohar & Nissim Mishal

My to be read pile:



*SITA - Warrior of Mithila - By Amish - Eagerly waiting to read this one
*Wise & Otherwise - By Sudha Murty 
*When the Moon is Low by Nadia Hashimi
*Angel of the Dark by Tilly Bagshawe
*The Talion Tale by Rahul Apte


My reading wishlist for the rest of the year:



*The Ministry of Utmost Happiness by Arundhati Roy
*Option B by Sheryl Sandberg
*Men Without Women by Haruki Murakami
*A House Without Windows by Nadia Hashimi
*I Hid My Voice By Parinoush Sainee
*Friend Request by Laura Marshall
*They Both Die At The End by Adam Silvera 

Happy Reading

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bioderma Node DS+ Shampooing Review

Bioderma! A brand every skin/hair care fancying woman greedily hoards. Well in my case I needed to pick this "heaven sent" product to heed to my never-ending, every stalking dandruff problem. I have been facing persistent dandruff right since I was a kid, but with time and changing products the flaky snow on my head just got worse. I had been using The Body Shop - Ginger Anti Dandruff shampoo, as mentioned in my earlier post here , I never swore by it that it did any good or bad to my dandruff situation, but I still continue using it every once a while and avoid using it on my scalp off-late. I was recommended this shampoo by my dermatologist as  I recently had some problem with an allergy on my lip (about that I will cover in another post - coming soon!) which was triggered by dandruff *sighs*. Ok back to Bioderma Node DS+ shampoo Claims of this product: - Reduces rapid increase of Malassezia yeast which triggers dandruff - Prevents recurrence of da

VLCC Pista Massage Cream Review

For good number of years, I have been using the facial kits by VLCC, it is a good last minute self-facial treat and does the job of putting up a sublime glow to your face without spending an hour or two at the salon. I thought to give this product   a try , as I was looking for a massage cream, which I can include in my weekend pamper sessions. I did not want a high-end brand or an expensive product because sometimes I just like a simple scrub, face wash, face pack combination of pamper sesh' for my face and thats it! About the packaging and price It is a 50g massage cream which retails for Rs. 260/-. It is not a new product by VLCC and has been in the market for a while. It comes in a plastic jar and is well sealed. In terms of packaging it is nothing fancy and it has a plastic covering with all the details of the ingredients, price, expiry date and method of usage.  About the product and usage The cream is green in color and has a slightly off

A Marks & Spencer Beauty: Mini Perfume Haul

I am all into miniatures these days and when I saw these beauties, I had to dig in. I have never been a perfume purchase person, as mostly they were gifted to me. I love a real good mist and was quite committed to Bath & Body Works and The Body Shop ones for a long time now so I decided lets switch that up and that is when I found these lil' devils and whats better than carrying these dinky yet amazing perfumes around for a spritz! There was an ample collection in all different sizes and notes, I am sure there is something for everyone. I was looking for an everyday type of a scent, so I picked up a day scent, an evening scent and a floral scent.  Since they are so dinky and sturdy you can easily carry them in your smallest purses throughout the day. 1)  Marks & Spencer Beauty:  Lavender Eau De Toilette - This scent is from their floral collection, I never owned an ONLY lavender scent before, I sniffed it I loved it, it is a typical lavender subtle scent, yet it makes