Skip to main content

Top 7 Hacks For A Cool Summer


Summers are here. Many of us have a love-hate relationship with summer - Okay OKAY! Mostly Hate :D

Though its the best time to flaunt those sexy shorts and tank tops that bid adieu for the long long winter months, it can still quite take a away more than give.

Here are the top tricks to enjoy Summer in a cool way - Ironical, right? Give them a go and have an enjoyable Summer 2017.


Stay Hydrated
Human body is made of about 70 per cent water and has the tendency to release by way of urine and sweating in a big way, it is quite possible that one can sweat more in the summer months and the best way to beat the summer blues is to chug down lots of water. This will not only keep you well hydrated but will help you to stay cool.

Juice Up
If chugging down water is quite boring for you, there are several options of staying hydrated. Fruit and vegetable juices like watermelon juice, cucumber juice, coconut water all help to release heat from the body and prevent water retention.   

Ditch the heavy foundation
It is best to wear minimal make up in the summers for obvious reasons. There are several options for base makeup like CC cream, tinted moisturizers, cushion foundation which give you from light to medium coverage. This will help your skin breathe and keep it comfortable. However, if you need to go with full coverage and if foundation is your bae - then ensure you use a good serum or a moisturizer and primer before you go for the heavy foundation and see to it there is a good gap between before you apply foundation to avoid the cakey-effect. In my opinion girl, ditch the heavy foundation and use the good ol' concealer as your magic wand for that extra coverage.   

Wear Sunscreen
It reminds me of the famous song by Baz Luhrmann - Everybody's free to wear sunscreen. Though the song was more for life in general - the benefits of wearing sunscreen are undoubtedly innumerable. To name one it protects you from sunburn which is an immediate reaction when exposed to sun.

Light Fabrics
Your skin needs to breathe so by wearing light and soft fabrics you are less prone to sweat and feel suffocated. It is recommended to wear light colored fabrics in the summer time so that less heat is attracted to you; however color does not make a huge impact on attracting heat as much as tight/well fitted clothes could, so it is important to wear light comfortably loose fitting clothing.

Plan the day right
Sometimes we just have to make the right choices of activities so that hotter parts of the day can be avoided. Try to plan the outdoor activities when the sun is not out there to get you.

Food
Eat nutritious food which is not too spicy or oily. This will help easy digestion and keep you cool. Also ensure to consume lot of fruits during the day. Spicy and fried food items can be avoided or minimized as they tend to make you uncomfortable by radiating too much heat in the body.

Happy Summer To All 💥


Comments

Unknown said…
Will help me chill in summers ☺️
Sandra19 said…
ha ha! it surely will :D

Popular posts from this blog

Bioderma Node DS+ Shampooing Review

Bioderma! A brand every skin/hair care fancying woman greedily hoards. Well in my case I needed to pick this "heaven sent" product to heed to my never-ending, every stalking dandruff problem. I have been facing persistent dandruff right since I was a kid, but with time and changing products the flaky snow on my head just got worse. I had been using The Body Shop - Ginger Anti Dandruff shampoo, as mentioned in my earlier post here , I never swore by it that it did any good or bad to my dandruff situation, but I still continue using it every once a while and avoid using it on my scalp off-late. I was recommended this shampoo by my dermatologist as  I recently had some problem with an allergy on my lip (about that I will cover in another post - coming soon!) which was triggered by dandruff *sighs*. Ok back to Bioderma Node DS+ shampoo Claims of this product: - Reduces rapid increase of Malassezia yeast which triggers dandruff - Prevents recurrence of da

VLCC Pista Massage Cream Review

For good number of years, I have been using the facial kits by VLCC, it is a good last minute self-facial treat and does the job of putting up a sublime glow to your face without spending an hour or two at the salon. I thought to give this product   a try , as I was looking for a massage cream, which I can include in my weekend pamper sessions. I did not want a high-end brand or an expensive product because sometimes I just like a simple scrub, face wash, face pack combination of pamper sesh' for my face and thats it! About the packaging and price It is a 50g massage cream which retails for Rs. 260/-. It is not a new product by VLCC and has been in the market for a while. It comes in a plastic jar and is well sealed. In terms of packaging it is nothing fancy and it has a plastic covering with all the details of the ingredients, price, expiry date and method of usage.  About the product and usage The cream is green in color and has a slightly off

A Marks & Spencer Beauty: Mini Perfume Haul

I am all into miniatures these days and when I saw these beauties, I had to dig in. I have never been a perfume purchase person, as mostly they were gifted to me. I love a real good mist and was quite committed to Bath & Body Works and The Body Shop ones for a long time now so I decided lets switch that up and that is when I found these lil' devils and whats better than carrying these dinky yet amazing perfumes around for a spritz! There was an ample collection in all different sizes and notes, I am sure there is something for everyone. I was looking for an everyday type of a scent, so I picked up a day scent, an evening scent and a floral scent.  Since they are so dinky and sturdy you can easily carry them in your smallest purses throughout the day. 1)  Marks & Spencer Beauty:  Lavender Eau De Toilette - This scent is from their floral collection, I never owned an ONLY lavender scent before, I sniffed it I loved it, it is a typical lavender subtle scent, yet it makes