Skip to main content

Essence Cosmetics Blushes - Drugstore Steal

Left: 80 Autumn Peach, Right: 70 Kissable



When it comes to blushes, I always find it difficult to decide which will compliment my skin tone, how much to use, which shade will suit what occasion and so on. It is one of the most ignored make up items in my make up stash, I always felt you can use blush under a camera or for an occasion when you are all dolled up.

Well its been a year or two my perception of blush usage has completely changed, I like using blush now even for just an outing, even when I have not layered my skin with foundation or concealer. 


Now to Essence Blushes

70 Kissable


80 Autumn Peach


70 Kissable


80 Autumn Peach


I have two of the essence blushes in my collection. Both shades are very different and I tend to use 70 Kissable more often as its a nice rose pink shade and flatters my skin tone very well.


80 Autumn Peach:
There was a time when I was going through a peach-coral phase, where everything from my wardrobe to my nails had a hint of orange in it and that's when I picked this blush. It is a coral shade with pink undertones (which is a yay!). It has faint gold shimmer which is almost unnoticeable. The formula is slightly chalky and its less pigmented compared to their newer blushes. 

70 Kissable:
It is rose pink shade with very faint gold shimmer in it. It is quite a build-able shade and very well pigmented. The blush color will compliment many skin tones and can be used as an everyday blush. When swatched once it can appear quite coral shade under the light more than pink which is weird considering it appears quite pink in the box. It is a newer version in the blush collection of Essence cosmetics, therefore the formula is better and not as chalky as 80 Autumn Peach. Overall it is quite a flattering shade for most skin tones and a little goes a long way.

Pros:

- Inexpensive
- Good color pay off
- Variety of colors to choose from
- Blends well

Cons

- Cheap packaging
- Some shades and formulas are chalky
- Gold shimmer may not be everyone's cup of tea




xoxoxo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bioderma Node DS+ Shampooing Review

Bioderma! A brand every skin/hair care fancying woman greedily hoards. Well in my case I needed to pick this "heaven sent" product to heed to my never-ending, every stalking dandruff problem. I have been facing persistent dandruff right since I was a kid, but with time and changing products the flaky snow on my head just got worse. I had been using The Body Shop - Ginger Anti Dandruff shampoo, as mentioned in my earlier post here , I never swore by it that it did any good or bad to my dandruff situation, but I still continue using it every once a while and avoid using it on my scalp off-late. I was recommended this shampoo by my dermatologist as  I recently had some problem with an allergy on my lip (about that I will cover in another post - coming soon!) which was triggered by dandruff *sighs*. Ok back to Bioderma Node DS+ shampoo Claims of this product: - Reduces rapid increase of Malassezia yeast which triggers dandruff - Prevents recurrence of da

VLCC Pista Massage Cream Review

For good number of years, I have been using the facial kits by VLCC, it is a good last minute self-facial treat and does the job of putting up a sublime glow to your face without spending an hour or two at the salon. I thought to give this product   a try , as I was looking for a massage cream, which I can include in my weekend pamper sessions. I did not want a high-end brand or an expensive product because sometimes I just like a simple scrub, face wash, face pack combination of pamper sesh' for my face and thats it! About the packaging and price It is a 50g massage cream which retails for Rs. 260/-. It is not a new product by VLCC and has been in the market for a while. It comes in a plastic jar and is well sealed. In terms of packaging it is nothing fancy and it has a plastic covering with all the details of the ingredients, price, expiry date and method of usage.  About the product and usage The cream is green in color and has a slightly off

A Marks & Spencer Beauty: Mini Perfume Haul

I am all into miniatures these days and when I saw these beauties, I had to dig in. I have never been a perfume purchase person, as mostly they were gifted to me. I love a real good mist and was quite committed to Bath & Body Works and The Body Shop ones for a long time now so I decided lets switch that up and that is when I found these lil' devils and whats better than carrying these dinky yet amazing perfumes around for a spritz! There was an ample collection in all different sizes and notes, I am sure there is something for everyone. I was looking for an everyday type of a scent, so I picked up a day scent, an evening scent and a floral scent.  Since they are so dinky and sturdy you can easily carry them in your smallest purses throughout the day. 1)  Marks & Spencer Beauty:  Lavender Eau De Toilette - This scent is from their floral collection, I never owned an ONLY lavender scent before, I sniffed it I loved it, it is a typical lavender subtle scent, yet it makes